Veritas Alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a house 4 years ago. There was a veritas alarm already fitted. We were given the number but no instructions/manuals so not sure which model we have.
We have used the alarm daily for the last 4 years. We had a power cut 6-8 weeks ago where while the power was off the alarm periodically kept sounding but once the power was back on there were no problems.
We had another power cut yesterday. Power was off for approx. 4-5 hours. Alarm was periodically sounding inside but not outside. Power came back on, alarm bleeped a number of times and then stopped. I can only assume that the alarm armed itself as when I got up to my little boy in the early hours the alarm went off inside and outside but would not accept our code to deactivate. In the end my husband flicked the fuse off in the main fuse box which made no difference and disconnected the battery. Having googled it we have replaced the battery but now seem to have a new problem.

The exit tone time has reset to default of 30 seconds and despite trying to reset I have been unable to shorten it.
Also we are able to arm the system with our own number but it will only accept 4321 to disarm. We have tried to reset our own number but on following the instructions all the led's are supposed to light and they don't.

Any help would be appreciated as we have already paid £35 for a new battery and our UPVC door also broke today and its cost £60 to get that repaired so could without calling out an engineer.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the age of the panel as there are 3/4 different programming manuals for this panel , a picture of the pcb may help...

if you press reset twice 4321 prog do all the lights light up
if you press reset twice 4321 00 do all the lights light up

The panel automatically sets when being powered up.

It will be one of the two major types, between 00 and prog panels, minor changes between the prog panels over the years.

Given that you can arm "with your own number" but only "disarm with 4321"

You have a prog panel as the 00 panel you had type in the code first to set it. On the prog panel the default was to have it quick set (just press full), and you had the option to change it to code+ full to set.

If you press full and no code the system will start to set. (IE YOUR OWN CODE ISNT DOING ANYTHING).

You can only change the programing with an engineers code regarding any part sets you have and the timers, there are very few options for the end user.

You can find the veritas user manuals for new and old online, you should be able to get away with the latest manual for nearly all your systems functions.

You can change the user code 4321 prog, 60 new code, prog

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back