VERITAS alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Texecom VERITAS system installed that normally works well, including during long power cuts. The back-up battery is fully charged. However, if there is an instantaneous loss of mains power the alarm is triggered and has to be re-set. A colleague said his system had a similar fault that was cured by replacing a 'detector' that was 'very old'. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
One. how old is the battery , two. How do you know it is fully charged, three is it the same zone that activates ? And what is on that zone ?

One. how old is the battery , two. How do you know it is fully charged, three is it the same zone that activates ? And what is on that zone ?

Thanks for your reply.
I have bought a new battery and tried both old & new fully charged by my own charger that confirms the charge level.
I always set the alarm for all zones.
I suppose I could try just the downstairs zone and see if that trips. The trouble is, the instantaneous power cuts occur very infrequently and only once when we've not been on holiday (the neighbour covers!).

But your still not telling us what zone and what it is ! Eg it goes off on zone 3 ( light lit) and its a Pir in the kitchen !

Sponsored Links
power off and the system alarms

is it internal or external alarm?

is the panel illuminated?

instaneous loss of mains, can you clarify what you mean?

................., ..... How do you know it is fully charged, ..............................................

Thanks for your reply.
I have bought a new battery and tried both old & new fully charged by my own charger that confirms the charge level.

One for sparky here :rolleyes:

A healthy battery.

Voltage is NO indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way
that fumes smelt in your car fuel tank is NO indication that petrol exists!

It's external and the panel is illuminated.
Sorry, I meant 'instantaneous loss of mains power' i.e. just when the flip the power in the substation.

It's external and the panel is illuminated.
Sorry, I meant 'instantaneous loss of mains power' i.e. just when the flip the power in the substation.

By coincidence, there was just another power outage. Tripped on Zone 2.

Well he did say he had bought a new one ! But that don't mean a thing have had faulty yuasa battery from new ! still not getting full details does it just ring outside without no indication ? Does it set the internal sounder off ? Does anything light up on the panel ? Is a reset required after ?

Ah getting somewhere ! Is it allways zone 2 ? Is this detector powered ? Does it have the longest cable run ?

sounds to me like a faulty battery in your main alarm box. Have you tried pulling battery out of the alarm panel and putting it on a multimeter and reading the voltage reading ? If you get a low reading that would confirm a faulty battery.

@ moh222

A healthy battery.

As mentioned before

Suggest if you don't know this basic bit of battery maintenance, you keep quiet

@ moh222

A healthy battery.

As mentioned before

Suggest if you don't know this basic bit of battery maintenance, you keep quiet

IF A BATTERY NEEDS CHARGE OR IS FLAT ITS VOLTAGE WILL BE LOW !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back