veritas excel lcd remote keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above alarm system installed, been working perfectly however this evening whilst setting the alarm for the night part zone 1 downstairs, the system would not set, it's showing that zone 3 is open. All the sensors seem to be working the red light on the detector comes on when I'm in detection range. Normally when setting the LCD will flash with the zones being omitted, it does show that however zone 3 is not flashing. Even when setting the full system number 3 is still showing and preventing from setting.

Please can anyone provide a solution or advise what may be the cause.

TIA

Sponsored Links
need to check your part sets

menu 51 is part set 1 so whats on / off in that menu?

Sponsored Links
zone 3 is active an you have manually omitted it when setting by omit 3 prog.

So if zone 3 is supposed to be secure and its not, put a link in zone 3 at the panel end, this should stop the zone from going active.

If it does go active with the link in theres a problem with the panel, if doesnt with the link in the problem is on the cabling between the panel and the device or the device its self.

Twisting the two alarm cables at the the detector end and testing will tell you if theres an issue on the cable or on the detector.

there are more things to do if you dont find the fault that way.

zone 3 is active an you have manually omitted it when setting by omit 3 prog.

So if zone 3 is supposed to be secure and its not, put a link in zone 3 at the panel end, this should stop the zone from going active.

If it does go active with the link in theres a problem with the panel, if doesnt with the link in the problem is on the cabling between the panel and the device or the device its self.

Twisting the two alarm cables at the the detector end and testing will tell you if theres an issue on the cable or on the detector.

there are more things to do if you dont find the fault that way.

Ok, will try, can you just tell me exactly how to put a link in zone 3 at the panel end? My brother installed the alarm system but he's on holiday for 2 weeks. Thxs

Not sure you should be looking at the system at all to be honest.

a link is a wire or staple placed across the the two zone terminals.

as you can manually omit the zone and things are okay, I would do that until your brother gets back off his holidays.

Not sure you should be looking at the system at all to be honest.

a link is a wire or staple placed across the the two zone terminals.

as you can manually omit the zone and things are okay, I would do that until your brother gets back off his holidays.
Couldn't agree more.

okay, press reset twice, whats displayed?

Start to set the system whats displayed?

cancel the set by typing in your code or press reset twice

Put a link in zone 3 and repeat.

if zone 3 is active, either its a programming issue and the zones been inverted, or a dry joint on the board possibly.

Your brother back off holiday now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back