Veritas R8Plus and AG6 +12V fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently i had to replace both the panel and the bell. The bell fist because the strobe had stopped working. When i replaced the bell, i then found the strobe output was locked on from the panel - disconnected outputs and had a permanent neg applied at the panel. The busted strobe masked this issue. Maybe that is why it stopped working, as the strobe just burnt out wit it being on all the time and o-one noticing?

So I replaced both about three weeks ago. In the last week, the AG6 has sounded, and the type of fault the LED and sound the bell is making relates to loss of 12v supply.

Meanwhile the panel does not register this, it remains in an normal set condition - no tamper. I went back and did a few tests, and the only time this scenario could occur (bell 12v Fail butno impact to the panel), is if you drop the +12v hold off only (not negative) to the bell.

I swapped conductors over and checked termination and measured voltage at the bell and the panel. 13pluss volts at both ends, no wavering.

Popped iota back together then like i say, about a week later the same issue occurred. I have ordered a new non AG6 bell to rule it out.

Anyone come across this before?
Anything i can do differently?

If it does it again, after the bell has been replaced, i will replace for a galaxy.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Only thing I can think of is , new texecom veritas has no fuses , polymer switches that shut down if there is a fault or overload ? Could this be your issue ? Have you checked the bell wire in loft ?

Hi, thanks for coming back.

Yes i saw that they no longer used fuses. wondered the same about it shutting down. I need to be there, when it is happening to confirm.

All cable is not accessible.

Doing an insulation resistance test (not at 500v) yields no low readings between conductors, and belling out for continuity on conductors also did not show any breaks, while i was there.

Texacom and Honeywell know of no known issue like this.

Thanks

John

Check all powered devices for any water ingress , I've seen a PIR water damaged from a leaking bath drag the 12 volt supply down but not blow the fuse ! And I take it you did replace the battery in the panel ?

Sponsored Links
Battery is fine, i tested it with battery tester ACT unit, shows about 4AH left in it.

I would also anticipate other troubles if power was dropping on the supply for the devices, like tamper or alarm when set for the PIRs.

I will check though the next time i am there. I did thin about taking fused supply straight from the battery.

Will do that next time i think any way.

Thanks!

John

This turned out to be nothing more than a faulty Panel in the end. It just would not deliver the power to the battery or aux 12v. Changed for a Galaxy, no problem. Been fine for weeks now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back