Very noisey Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 28 HE Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post, so hello everyone!

I have a Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 28 HE boiler, and although the main functions work fine (never have an issue with hot water and heating) it is very noisy at times.

It starts in the morning when the heating is scheduled to come on, it heats up fine and then around 30-60 minutes after it starts clunking and clanking. loudly enough to wake us up (we sleep about 15 mtrs away, with a closed door in-between).

It only happens when the heating is on, we can be running baths and showering and it doesn't make the noise. Also, when I checked it this morning and turned it off when it was noisy, the pressure needle was bouncing slightly, and it was just under 1bar pressure.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
What does the installer say?

Do you have TRVs on all rads and no auto bypass?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ah-ha!

In the boiler though, or in the heating pipes and rad's? the knocking / clunking noises are confined to the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back