Vibrating humming glowworm 18hxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, our house backs onto a pub car park and for ages now we thought some guy came along in a souped up car, sat with the car idling then switched it off. Later on he leaves and goes home. Must be a massive car we thought cos it makes the house reverberate (sp?)

Turns out its our Glowworm 18hxi, fitted last november.

Assuming that is not meant to happen, what do you gentlfolk think it might be, is it likely to be harmful, and what should I do about it?

Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
Has it been set up correctly i.e. with FGA?
iF not correct co2 reading then noise can result.

Does it stop when u use a tap or toilet?

Im not a plumber but i had a simmilar problem with a boiler vibrating, which sounded like someone was drilling next door, it was amazingly loud! turns out there was grit in the toilet mechanism causeing tapslam/water hammer cant remember what the plumber said in the end. Hope it gets fixed ok.

Sponsored Links
gasgeezer said:
Still under warranty call glowworm

Watch out on this one as usually Glow Worm 2nd year warranty is parts only and they ask for £125 up front before booking the call :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back