Victorian floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a victorian house that's just had new central heating system and the plumbers have broken quite a few floorboards.
Does anybody know where I could get some 5.5 inch by 1 inch floorboards??

I've tried ebay andmy local salvage yards withno luck.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any decent timber merchant will be able to machine up wood to whatever size you require , however , there is an added cost to that. 1inch timber is generally the size it is before machining so finishes closer to 3/4 inch. Therefore to achieve a finished thickness of an inch one has to start with thicker timber resulting in more work and more waste.
Also note that if your timber is seen I.e. No carpets matching it up will be more problematic in all likely hood .
Stable doors and horses but it's normally best to get a decent chippy in to lift the boards before plumbers and sparkys are let lose. I've spent quite a bit of time doing just that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back