Videx Intercom Replacement (Residential)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

First post in the forum. I searched for other posts but couldn't find the correct answer for me. I hope someone can help.

I live in a block of flats that have an intercom entry system for the flat. The system is made by Videx. The flats are 10 years old, so the system is dated and no longer replaceable.

My flat mates ex girlfriend managed to smash the handset / receiver into a million pieces. So now we are left with the coiled wire with three small wires coming out of the end (red, blue and white) and no handset on the end. The system on the wall still works fine, the buzzer still works fine too. The only issue we have is that we can't answer or talk to anyone who calls our flat from the ground floor - Very frustrating with regards to deliveries.

So do I:

1) Just buy any old handset and splice in the wires? If so which handset do I need to get?

2) Buy a full replacement wall unit which includes and attached receiver / handset.

I will try to post some photos of the unit shortly.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You existing/broken handset is Videx art 924. If you can find the same it will be easy to fit new handpart.
The alternative is you buy new handset art 3011 and carefully replace whole unit, try not to shortcut wires )))

It may be a 924 handset but there are different ones , some ac call,some electronic, remove the handset from the wall and on the back will be a number , probably has an S in the code eg 924 MSL , you may need the correct version.

Sponsored Links
Have you got it sorted yet? I may have a second-hand one in my van. If you have a soldering iron, you could just replace the receiver...

PM me if your still stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back