Viessmann 100 F4 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me the current situation on the Viessmann 100 for F4 faults?

My boiler came with the house I bought a year or so ago:
Oct 05 - installed
Jul 06 - PCB, electrode & starter replaced by the original owners
Apr 07 - new design PCB fitted for me
Mar 08 - am now getting F4 again.

i.e. 3 faults in less than 3 years and now out of the 2 year warranty.

I am hoping to get this done free of charge as it is not fit for purpose. Would you agree this is reasonable? Has the problem been fixed now or am I going to get the same fault next year?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Now I post a topic a list of similar ones is shown, incl. my problem. Shame the Search facility was not as helpful when I tried it!

i belive it is the spark gen going that causes this fault( a zig 2 unit). viessmann had a bad batch gave too them...now getting a good will call out may be tricky. the best bet is to phone the installer and get them to moan to the local vissemann rep, if he fits many of them he could have a bit of punch. but the installer may not care/want the hassle.

Sponsored Links
I think that when you call Viessmann and tell them that it has got the "F4 fault" you will find that they will acknowledge that it was a faulty batch of ignition units and repair it for free.

Current boilers have a five year warrantee when fitted by an approved installer otherwise three years.

If they refuse to help you then tell us and we will tell you who to complain to !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back