Viessmann 100-w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this my first post and just looking for some advice. My new boiler appears to have problems keeping a few upstairs radiators hot. have been trying to bleed them will little success. Also noticed that my shower pump is spluterinf and cutting out before eventually working. All of the above have been working fine since installed about 4 months ago. Today I looked at the pressure on the boiler and its around 0.5 bar. This is a system boiler and I cannot find out how to increase the pressure as this looks like the cause of the problems. The chap who installed it is on hols at he moment hence my request.

Sponsored Links
Filler loop is normally around the boiler area connected to mains and heating pipe.

Make sure there is no demand, and the pump is not running.
Somewhere, hopefully within sight of the pressure gauge will be a silver hose with a lever tap on one end (maybe both ends). Crack it/them open just a 1/16 - 1/8th of a turn, you should then be able to hear water movement, and see the needle on the guage moving upwards, one bar is plenty to kick appliance back into life. There is an auto vent on the pump (hopefully left open by the installer :rolleyes: to expel air bubbles.

According to the Viessmann PDF file, only the combination boiler (new model) has a built in filling system (mysteryman, who maybe works for them, will be along soon to correct me!)

Please, do let us know how you get on.

Dreadnought

Sponsored Links
Make sure there is no demand, and the pump is not running.
Somewhere, hopefully within sight of the pressure gauge will be a silver hose with a lever tap on one end (maybe both ends). Crack it/them open just a 1/16 - 1/8th of a turn, you should then be able to hear water movement, and see the needle on the guage moving upwards, one bar is plenty to kick appliance back into life. There is an auto vent on the pump (hopefully left open by the installer :rolleyes: to expel air bubbles.

According to the Viessmann PDF file, only the combination boiler (new model) has a built in filling system (mysteryman, who maybe works for them, will be along soon to correct me!)

Please, do let us know how you get on.
Dreadnought

Thanks for your reply. This is not a combi as it replaced a convetional baxi solo and the only component removed was the CH expansion tank.

I have seen the braided pipe fitted to some combi boilers but this does not have a filling loop fitted,

VVM, the system was filled up from somewhere........, I do understand that yours is a heat-only type, and the installation instructions PDF I looked at ony shows an integral fill system on the newest combi models.

I can only suggest a good look in cupboards, or old cylinder cup'd. It will be connected between cold water main pipe and the pipes to/from cylinder or, radiator system pipe-work, so by following the cold water pipe-work you 'should' find the filling point.

A good rule of thumb is 'within sight of the pressure gauge', unless of course a secondary gauge has been fitted remote of the boiler, it oughta be close to the boiler

DH

Wait until he comes back. You've managed for 4 months.

Why would you thank Joe for this post, he hasn't even read your post properly as you say it has worked fine since install and he has said wait till he comes of holiday as you've managed for 4 months. and the second post you thanked and he gave you no useful information at all,

Wait until he comes back. You've managed for 4 months.

Why would you thank Joe for this post, he hasn't even read your post properly as you say it has worked fine since install and he has said wait till he comes of holiday as you've managed for 4 months. and the second post you thanked and he gave you no useful information at all,

In my ignorance of protocol on forums, I thanked people for taking the time to reply rather than the content or quality of their reply. I will not make that mistake again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back