Viessmann 100W fault Code: F1 and now F2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The central heating has been off for a couple of months now.

I turned all the upstairs radiators off and drained the system the other week as I was removing the radiators downstairs, ready to decorate/ install new ones, the hot water has been working fine ever since with no problems.

Today I removed the last radiator but later on when I went to use the hot water, it came out cold.

I went to the boiler which is upstairs, and it was showing an F1 code.

I Turned off and Reset the boiler, with no joy, so topped the system up, bleed the rads and it's now showing an F2 code.

I can't get rid of this F2 code, any ideas what may have happened, and how i could fix it?

Sam

Sponsored Links
You need to follow the venting procedure in the Installation & Service instructions.

f1 as above going to f2 is probably over heating because lack of water , not venting , tripping over heat so fill the system properly and vent before wrecking your boiler ,

At pressure and all vented.

Any ideas what may have happened, as the hot tap was only on for around 30 seconds before I turned it off and went to check the boiler.

According to the manual, the temperature limiter may have gone.

I would need a multimeter to double check.

Sponsored Links
the temp limiter has re set itself , why do you need to test it

do you mean resetting by dial ?

Last edited:
Gone as in failed, manual is saying it needs testing to determine if it needs replacing.
It's been reset.

so its still faulting after filling and venting ? you shouldn't take cover off anyway

Last edited:
if you've tried reset and or venting( as above) you need rgi to look at it

Vented the mag clean and all remaining rads. Then filled again to 1.5 bar
I have the feeling it's probably going to be a call out now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back