Viessmann boiler & Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have a Viessmann Vitodens 100 boiler with a wireless receiver and would like to use Hive to control my heating. Is it possible the existing receiver maybe compatible with Hive or will I definitely need to install the Hive receiver? If so, I believe it involves just 4 wires? I have found the wires, red, blue, yellow and green. Does anyone know which is which please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you think the wires are yellow, blue, yellow and green I suggest you get someone else in to do the job as one of them is red (are you red/green colour-blind?)

The existing receiver won't work with Hive, you need to wire in the Hive receiver

Without knowing which controller you have it's impossible to say whether you can reuse those wires for Hive or not. I suspect you'll need to run a new flex to the PCB though

Ah ha, not so much colour blindness as tired typing!
Perhaps it's not quite as simple as I'd hoped....maybe I should let British Gas fit it

Sponsored Links
Ah ha, not so much colour blindness as tired typing!
Perhaps it's not quite as simple as I'd hoped....maybe I should let British Gas fit it

Hi Martin - Im in the same boat.. did you ever get HIVE to work with your Wiessmann?

Cheers Rog

Hi Martin - Im in the same boat.. did you ever get HIVE to work with your Wiessmann?

Cheers Rog
Not surprised you didn’t get a reply. Most people only come on here for help. Once they’ve got it, it’s “see you later!”
It’s rare they’ll come back and give an update!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back