Viessmann Boiler Issues!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of weeks back I had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed. It started off working well however its now started to regularly have the F2 issue. Which I think is something to do with the start up?

Its doing it now on a regular basis and although its easy enough to restart it means we cant rely on the timer encase it goes off.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sort?! :confused:

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
A couple of weeks back I had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sort?
Get the installer back.

In the meanwhile:

What does the pressure gauge read - cold and hot?
Can you hear the pump working?
Are any of the radiators hot at the bottom and cold at the top?

When you get the installer back, ask him if he followed the fill and vent procedure as in the Installation manual. If he did, and you call Service, make sure you have the full serial number - they will need it.

Thanks both,

The pressure is around 2. I've never noticed it go over that.

The radiators all seem ok and the tem the same throughout.

I'm not sure about the pump, the boiler does make noise which i'm guesiing is the pump?

Sponsored Links
tell us why you don't want to get the installer back. Was it a DIY job?

I am sure that 100% of any clients that I installed a boiler for would immediately be on the phone to me if there were any concerns.

Why are you asking on a forum when there is obviously a problem?

Tony

No it wasn't a diy job, i've spoken to the installer who has just told me to bleed the radiators which I haven't seen as a sollution to the F2 problem so i wanted to get some other advice?

No it wasn't a diy job, i've spoken to the installer who has just told me to bleed the radiators which I haven't seen as a sollution to the F2 problem so i wanted to get some other advice?
F2 means the burner is in a fault state because the temperature limiter has acted. Viessmann suggest doing the following:

Check the heating system fill level.
Check the circulation pump.
Vent the system.
Check the temperature limiter and connecting cables.
Press "Reset".

If the top of the rads are cold and the bottom hot, this is a sure sign of air in the system, which means the system needs to be vented. Hence the installers advice to bled the rads and top up the system.

The only think that you should be doing is to call the installer.

Did he complete the Benchmark Certificate? Is he Gas Safe registered? Is he on the Viessmann list so he can get a five year warrantee?

You should also have had the boiler installation notified to building control which would have caused a Certificate to be posted to you by Gas Safe.

To properly check the boiler you need to removed the front cover which a DIYer should not be doing!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back