Viessmann boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a local plumber round for a quote on a new boiler , my house is a large 4 bed detached with attic room as well with a rad . he told me to go with the viessman 35 kw 100 system series model as the 200 is being vaised out & the 100 has all the features of the 200 and has built in weather compensation , is this correct advice .he also said to use peglar TRVs as the drayton tvr4 has low water flow

Sponsored Links
Sounds good to me.

Vaillant are worth considering too if you want the most reliable make..plus a little cheaper.

I personally prefer the Danfoss TRV after trying them all over the last 20 years.

The new Vitodens 100-W is a well designed piece of kit. Recently been on the manufacturer's course and had it in bits; all quality stuff inside.
Only downsides are that it is not as quiet as the WB CDI, (my own favourite) and it is a new model, so theoretically it could have some teething problems. If your installer is an approved Viessmann installer, you will get 5 years full parts and labour warrantee, so nothing to worry about in that respect.

The comment about the trv is strange. I have used numerous of those, and they work fine. Even if they had low flow, that would be fine as that is exactly what you want with a condensing boiler.
Pegler is a damned site cheaper though.

Sponsored Links
what? first I've heard about the 200w not being sold...

first off the 100w is a good boiler but it does not have all the features of the 200w

the main difference is the 200w:

can have advanced weather comp(but it is a £150 add-on) the 100w has simple weather comp but it is built in(still need the outside sensor at £50ish a pop)

the 200w system boiler can be pipe up in a 4 pipe config(so uses an internal diverter valve) and cylinder temp sensor(not a stat)

and has self adjusting gas valve(so sets it self up)

but the main one is cost... a 35kw 200w system boiler costs a pretty pence

if you don't need any of that then the 100w is fine

fitted a 100 35kw on sat through in Edinburgh on Saturday and the hw flow rate was excelent.

As already stated the 200 has variable wc which i have also installed and found to be outstanding.

The main difference you would notice is the price.I fitted a 30kw 200 in my neighbours with wc and it cost around £1200

I would also say the tr4 are more expensive but look a bit better than peglar.

i prefe danfoos trv/lockshield pack as the chrome lockshield looks alot better than a plastic wheelhead

Viessman rep offered me £150 cashback and a free flue on the first boiler of theirs I fit. Couldnt be anything to do with that could it?

Viessman rep offered me £150 cashback and a free flue on the first boiler of theirs I fit. Couldnt be anything to do with that could it?

rep usually throws in a free flue or wc for the 100.

also do you really need 35kw system boiler? I very much doubt that your house would really need that size...

also is he changing your hot water cylinder as well?

can have advanced weather comp(but it is a £150 add-on) the 100w has simple weather comp but it is built in(still need the outside sensor at £50ish a pop)

Rep at the Viessmann stand at the show today said its only £35 ! ( probably + VAT.

It is potted so I could not see whats in it and very oddly it has a FOUR wire connection!

Tony

list price is £40 + vat

last one i got was ordered direct of viessmann so cost me £56...

just a tip

I am a householder and had a Viessmann fitted last year

Installer was Viessmann approved and had fitted others.

However he had only done the bigger ones, and was unfamiliar with the 100 as he has never fitted one before. He had fitters and an electrician who had never done one either and made a couple of mistakes. The boss went on a month's holday the day after it was supposed to be finished which didn't help.

I suspect because it is a fairly expensive brand they are not too common in my small town.

Gave me a lot of grief and delay before it was working correctly. So if I were you I would want to see evidence that he has previously fitted the exact model and controls that he is trying to sell you. If poss get a reference visit to one of his satisfied customers and get their opinion.

maybe some of the pros will tell you that an experienced installer can fit anything and always get it right first time.

just a tip

I am a householder and had a Viessmann fitted last year

Installer was Viessmann approved and had fitted others.

However he had only done the bigger ones, and was unfamiliar with the 100 as he has never fitted one before. He had fitters and an electrician who had never done one either and made a couple of mistakes. The boss went on a month's holday the day after it was supposed to be finished which didn't help.

I suspect because it is a fairly expensive brand they are not too common in my small town

Gave me a lot of grief and delay before it was working correctly. So if I were you I would want to see evidence that he has previously fitted the exact model and controls that he is trying to sell you. If poss get a reference visit to one of his satisfied customers and get their opinion.

maybe some of the pros will tell you that an experienced installer can fit anything and always get it right first time.

dunno what the spark was up to as it comes with a flying lead and external contols are either plug in or marked in the mi

my house is a large 4 bed detached with attic room as well with a rad
How large is your house? I would be very surprised if you really need a 35kW system boiler to heat it. If you were having a combi boiler, possibly.

Use the Boiler Sizing Wizard to work out what size boiler you really need.

He also said to use peglar TRVs as the drayton tvr4 has low water flow
He doesn't know what he is talking about. The TRV4 is capable of handling the flow of a 3kW radiator, or 6kW if working with a 20°C differential. In both cases the flow rate will be about 4 litres per minute. The max recommended flow rate is about 7.5 litres per minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back