viessmann Vitodens 100 35kw boiler repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just wanted to get an idea of the labour costs to fit a

Heat exchanger and Expansion vessel

The boiler is around 7/8 years old and Viessmann had replaced the heat exchanger in 2011

thanks

Sponsored Links
if it is needing a third heat exchanger in that time I would be looking to ask why? it sounds as though you have dirty system and you are just patching up the problems, your boiler does not like contaminated systems

If this is the main heat exchanger then I would wonder if the cost of the parts and fitting them will be less than a brand new boiler which will then have a five year warranty.

What is meant to be wrong with the heat exchanger?

Usually dirty and because of their design can usually be cleaned by those who know how to.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks fr all the replies.

The problem is I have fluctuating water temperature and the engineer who came to look at this said that it needs a new plate heat exchanger, asked him if he could clean it and he said that they are difficult to clean, didn't bother looking at it. I also have a magna filter fitted and clean that regularly.

I always clean plate HEs. Charge about £136 in local area so cheaper than fitting a new one and done in one visit. Off in a minute to do one!

Sometimes dirt gets past a magnetic filter into the plate. That's why I usually fit a gauze filter instead as that stops all dirt, magnetic or not.

Also repressurise expansion vessel as in 90% of cases that's all that is needed.

Repressurise free with other repair or a service!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back