Viessmann Vitodens 100 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the fault code 06 followed by the fault/lightning symbol means? Hot water is fine but each time I try to get the heating going the boiler sounds like it is firing up for a few seconds and then cuts out showing this error code (that doesnt appear in the list of fault messages in the installation instructions).

Boiler is two years old and apart from topping up the pressure every few months hasn't had any problems.

Sponsored Links
If its only two years old then it should be within the three year warranty which would have been five years if installed by an approved installer.

I think that I may have seen that situation momentarily but i cannot remember what prompts it.

Has the ignition unit been replaced as at that age it fails on virtully all Viessmann boilers including all the seven that I have fitted.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

It is not satisfying the primary flowswitch. Is it a Combi, System, or Compact heat only open vent? If a Compact, check the pump and external controls and look for airlocks. If it is a Combi or System boiler, check the diverter valve, pump, and that the CH isolation valves are both open - red and blue handles pointing back to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back