Vinyl flooring ( Karndean/Amtico) on ceramic floor tiles ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, want to lay lay some Karndean flooring on existing ceramic 300 x 300 tiles without lifting them. Would also wish to avoid ply boarding if poss. Does anyone out there have thoughts on what I could level out the existing grout lines with before laying the vinyl.........i am assuming that unless the grout line are levelled out they will show through in time. It might be as simple as applying more grout although I suspect that might not be robust enough.
Any thoughts will be gratefully received.[/b]

Sponsored Links
If they are all solid and you don't want to uplift them you can prime and use a smoothing compound screed like f.ball 1200 pro
You can't lay direct on ceramics mate.

If they are all solid and you don't want to uplift them you can prime and use a smoothing compound screed like f.ball 1200 pro
You can't lay direct on ceramics mate.
Thanks for that Daz......so I take it F45 no good for ceramic. i presume the primer is pre the smoothing compound to ensure that sticks well to the ceramic?

Sponsored Links
Yes mate that's what primer is for. You apply it neat with a roller then let it dry. It helps the screed flow too.
F45 is adhesive, not a popular one, I use F46 a lot more for LVTs and f44 for vinyl sheet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back