virus and horses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new to all this trojan and virus thing have norton but apparently its crap if so what is a reasonable alternative and bear in mind im only a poor plumber :oops:

Sponsored Links
Dunno why people say Norton is Rubbish (Probably same people who say Bill Gates is too).

If you analyse anything closely enough, and read the varying reviews, you'll find that they all have their flaws and everyone has their favourite.

We are currently trialing Bitdefender, having dismissed Mcafee, NOD32 and AVGs offerings as unreliable.

Symantec are in the top 3 along with Bitdefender and Fsecure. Which version do you have?

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
Dunno why people say Norton is Rubbish (Probably same people who say Bill Gates is too).

What about those who like Norton but not Gates? :D

Should provide enough protection. Just make sure it's updated regularly

People will find the Antivirus software they use is perfect for them but others will disagree.

Its all down to what you download and what sites you visit etc.

Like I said in a previous post, I work in an environment which we download an average of 30gb a day which contains all the rubbish of the day sometimes hence why folk like myself will consider Norton poor cause it fails to pick up so many viruses as others will do much better. Some months later you may find that the poor antivirus software makes a come back and outbeats the others.

I have various machines running various antivirus software and over the week you do see a trend in performance between the software.

NOD32 is the pick of the bunch at the minute for me/us but Igorian has mentioned Bitdefender which he is trying out so I will give it a go.

The best thing is to try them all and see what fits best.

Sponsored Links
Back