virus protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
my norton ran out about a week ago

i get a email booking from american airlines . my misses has been looking at hoildays so there i go clicking away.
all of a sudden the dam pc goes mad when i open it up

anyway what security is a ok one or should i carry on with norton to get rid of this dam virus crap
thanks

Sponsored Links
Everyone has there own favourite so expect a variety of responses.

Anyway, my personal choice is Avast Internet Security if you are looking at a premium product.

I also use NOD32. It seems to be a lot less resource-hungry than other (perhaps better-known) antivirus and/or internet security products, and is also very good at finding nasties before they can do any damage.

Sponsored Links
I have been using norton 360 for years now and I must say it is and has been great. But saying that I have just purchased avg internet security for my dad off of ebay and it works great. So you will get all sorts of responses here, everyone has there favourites, and my advice to you would be try all of them on there free trials. Also try microsoft security essentials as I do here some good reports on it. Then decide which you like best.

all the best

Will

ive used free products for the last ten years and never had a problem.
avg and avast have been the most used, it wont suit everyone but ive managed ok

Personally I'd be thankful your Norton has run out. Its widely seen as one of the most resource hungry AV's around.

Either try AVG Free if you dont want to pay or ESET NOD32. I use the latter and its very good but AVG is also the best of the free lot

You'll not go far wrong with AVG 2012. It might also be worth running C-Cleaner, (I prefer to do it in Safe Mode, hit F8 as soon as you turn the machine on) It won't hurt to run SuperAntiSpyware, either. If and you do install AVG, make sure it is allowed to update itself completely. If you think there is a problem with the machine, run a full scan with AVG, also in Safe Mode.

Sponsored Links
Back