Visonic PowerMaster 30 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I intend to buy and fit the PowerMaster 30 alarm myself and have a few questions.

• 1. Is there a “web server interface” interface card available to allow remote configuration/activation via a Broadband IP connection. The Friedland Global Guard has this the web based IP option which makes configuration much easier.
    2. How can I view the video/stills from the PowerG Two-way Wireless PIR Camera Next CAM PG2 devices if they are used instead of standard PIRs?
    3. The are many references to the "Central monitoring station". What can be seen or monitored here that can’t be seen by the owner ?
    4. Is there an Iphone app in the pipeline ?

I also intend to attach a fog bandit sytem. Anyone had experience of these ?

Regards
Karl.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
2. How can I view the video/stills from the PowerG Two-way Wireless PIR Camera Next CAM PG2 devices if they are used instead of standard PIRs?
3. The are many references to the "Central monitoring station". What can be seen or monitored here that can’t be seen by the owner ?

This is a GSM/GPRS camera communicating only with the central monitoring station apparently. I have bought this to just find out. I'd prefer to have a GSM camera that could do motion detect and forward it to myself.

Has anyone else managed to create their own Power Manage server so that images taken can be forwarded on without having to go through central monitoring stations?

Cheers

I rang Visonic and found the conversation very awkward. They were not really interested in what I had to say because I informed them that I wanted to installed this alarm myself. I was met with a barrage of corporate talk and threats of no support for the products I wanted to purchase.

What I did managed to find out is that there will NEVER be an IP module for the Powermaster range ! The reason being that almost all of their customers want the managed service. The power link2 module has a web server built in to allow viewing alarm status, logs and arming disarming etc.. Unfortunately it will NOT work in the new Powermaster range.

Web server aside, why they can't just offer an IP alternative to GSM I don't know. I mean who wants to keep a fully functioning SIM card in the alarm when you have broadband available to communicate with their monitoring service ??? As a backup form of comms it's ok but come on !

If you are thinking of getting the next cam PG2 pirs then don't bother unless you intended to sign up. I think they have made a mistake by not offering an IP module. On one hand they offer the new extended wireless technology in the Powermaster G range and on the other, they remove the IP functionality that already exists in their other alarm products.

Oh we'll :cry:

You're surprised because?

Visonic is Pro equipment, not DiY.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I was supprised. Can't see why enquiring about a product should have been such a big deal. Don't really care if its a DIY or pro install to be honest. Would just be good to have best of both new and old. The ip connectivity of previous products with the G wireless of the new.

I'm going for a PowerMaster-10 and like you surprised it doesn't provide a web interface to ease setup. Oh well, key hole surgery via a number pad it is then!!

Alternatively, is it possible to access the installer menu and setup the system via the KP-160 PG2 touch screen keypad?

<snip>Unfortunately it will NOT work in the new Powermaster range. </snip>

That is contra to the PowerMaster-10 installer Guide:

3.4.2 PowerLink Broadband Module Installation

The PowerLink broadband module enables viewing the PowerMaster-10 system over the internet (for further details, see the PLINK PRO Installation Instructions).

Very strange. Can anyone confirm either way?

This is why I rang Visonic. I told them I had also seen references to the prolink2 working with the Powermaster range. He confirmed that it does not work and they would not entertain an IP module for this range of alarms.

Try ringing them and see what they tell you.

Gutted !

Try ringing them and see what they tell you.
Why? You have had the answer. So do we now.

If I want a panel to do what you are asking, I'd get one that does. Good luck.

Why should a pro panel be redesigned because of the whim of a DiYer, find something else.

Why? You have had the answer. So do we now.

If I want a panel to do what you are asking, I'd get one that does. Good luck.

Why should a pro panel be redesigned because of the whim of a DiYer, find something else.

hahaha LOL ! :D Relax, im only replying to "cocjh1". No problem

Well I purchased a PowerMaster-10 and cracked it only last night. Can 100% say it will NOT accommodate a PowerLink2 broadband module.

The installers manual, available of download over the internet, has been updated significantly and the section describing the use of the broadband module completely removed.

The Visonic website adds confusion too. One control panel comparison PDF I've read had "Yes, via Powerlink" against Email and then promptly "No" against PowerLink.

http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/PowerMax_tableV5_with_links.pdf

I'm happy with my purchase. Would be nice to have a web gui to aid install but no worries. Here's hoping Visonic are only guilty of a few website/documentation bugs, and the end product performs as expected..

cocjh1,

Good to hear from someone that has bought one and now has first hand experience of it.

Im still considering this alarm. Like you say, it would have been nice to set it up via a web page instead of the panel. Youre right about the manuals and documentation having conflicting info.

Did you get the GSM module ?

Yes, got the GSM module and ordered a giffgaff SIM today for it.

Alternatively, is it possible to access the installer menu and setup the system via the KP-160 PG2 touch screen keypad?
And the answer is no. The KP-160 is just for arming/disarming. No setup via the KP-160 is possible.

TBH I'm not finding the touch screen very responsive at all, and can sometimes take quite a few taps to wake up.. Although coming from an amoled smartphone maybe I'm expecting to much!!

You could always use proximity tags or RFID tags with the KP-160 to enable/disable the alarm. Might be easier than trying to enter arming codes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back