Visonic PowerMaster 30 alarm

I've got keyfobs on the car keys and chicklets on the house keys etc. The problem is waking up the keypad to flash your chicklet. Will persevere a bit longer but if it doesn't improve maybe I've just got a bad copy and shall swap at suppliers..

Sponsored Links
Ahh ok. Didn't realise you needed to wake the panel before it would allow a swipe with a tag. So was the alarm easy to setup, any false alarms so far ?

Planning the zones/devices on paper first really helps. Then enrolling extra devices and programming the control panel with the required settings was easy.

Not being an alarm pro it took me a little time to understand all the different zone types, like interior, interior follower, perimeter etc.. But once I understood how each worked it was fine.

I got everything working on the kitchen table and ran numerous arm tests before mounting devices on walls/doors.. Found the door contacts the most troublesome which required some slight modifications to allow the rear tamper contact to seat..

SMS is working fine with GiffGaff.. I've set the control panel to report ALL notifications whilst the unit is in commission mode ;) Once complete I'll enrol the outdoor sirens and turn off all but alarm events.

Overall I'm happy. Like I said, we're finding the keypad hard to wakeup with your finger, but tonight found that tapping with the chicklet works every time.. Will stick with it..

Sponsored Links
I'm glad it's working for you. While I was pondering over this alarm I've gone and bought a fog bandit after having arranged a demo at my house. I'll probably go ahead and get the powermaster 30 next month ( just blown the budget on this device ).

Have a look at this http://www.bandituk.co.uk/

Hopefully there will be an output from the Powermaster that I can use to trigger it when the alarm is activated.

Regarding the KP-160 response. I recently saw some demo footage where they were tapping the panel with the chicklet to bring it to life. Suppose it goes into a power save mode to conserve power.

Yeah it's a bit extravagant I suppose but I decided to buy rather than rent. After seeing what it can do in your own house it's very tempting. To buy will cost approx £1700 inclusive of VAT. The speed and density of the fog is awesome. I'm in no way connected with the company so I'm not trying to push it but a demo in your own home can be persuasive.

All I need to do now is save some money and get an alarm to trigger it :eek:)

Regards,
Karl.

Where about in your home are you going to install it?

If installed in a business premises there ...........

I'll think about what I was going to say and send a PM later this evening.

Where about in your home are you going to install it?

If installed in a business premises there ...........

I'll think about what I was going to say and send a PM later this evening.

BanditUK have been very helpful. Being a bit of an anorak i've bought the programmable version. This allows me to connect a laptop to view internal event logs, control fog ejection etc. Being a keen "DIYer" i'm doing the installation myself ;) . My aim is to install it into a cupboard under the stairs leaving an opening for the nozzles and status lights. Hopefully, by having more flexibility over the bandit inputs, it will allow me to interface with the Visonic Powermaster alarm outputs. The unit will be arriving this Saturday

One thing to take into account is the 'smoke'. When testing it is good practice to inform the Fire service that it is happening.

If you don't and get a visit or two because of your testing the bills will start to arrive.

You will need to find correct phone numbers, 999 is NOT the one for you to call but, it is the one that passers by will call when they see the 'smoke'.

Yep - had to ring the central control office when we did a demo last week. The fog is scented with pepermint to help the fire service determine if its a real fire or a fogging system.

I know all that, you still have to tell them you are testing.

If they arrive at your premises to find 'peppermint smoke' they are not going to be happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back