Visonic Powermax or PowerMaster 10 Pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have already decided that I am going to install a wireless alarm over wired as I have a newer house and I won't want disruption of wires so don't need advice on that thank you.

I have been researching products and I think that Visonic are the best way to go for a quality wireless product. I will be installing myself but do have a back up installer price to install equipment I buy if it goes tits up. My brother in law is an electrician so will be able to install the spurred fuse.

I am aware that the Visonic Powermax Complete and Powermaster 10 G2 Pro are not recommended for DIY installs but I wondered if anyone had any experience of installing these products in their own homes? Anyone experienced any problems? Or should I go for the simpler powermax plus and hide the ugly box away?

Also, the powermaster 10 pro is a newer product so is more expensive. Is it worth it, any installers using these, are they much better than the powermax or would I not really notice any difference?

Thanks for any help that anyone may be able to offer.

Sponsored Links
Both are good and are fairly easy to fit, although graded and better than most other wireless in price comparison.
The latter is a better system with some more features but the Powermax is a decent piece of equipment. It will do all you want and more, you can hide it and disable the panel talking to you and even use a remote keypad.

Thanks for reply. The newer powermaster system looks good, but there don't seem to be many places offering it for sale online (probably I guess as it's not supposed to be DIY). There are sites selling the Powermax systems that offer telephone and email support if you run into problems. I haven't found any of those for the powermaster series though yet, do you know of any?

Again as mentioned in the past, the makers restrict the access to registered installers. Visonic were taken over recently and you now need to be registered with the new owners for assistance.
This is a feature of some of the most advanced systems, not trained and registered and you get no support..........................
But you can get the latter and go thru the programming fairly easily and get ( us) help here.
Please understand we cannot breach copyrights but we can assist.

As for sales, a few sell direct to the public ( not happy as this is what causes your exact questions) but you will find those and again we can assist in the programming, but not defaulting.

Some others may, but the professionals on here do not do or give defaulting information. I hope you understand.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll make up my mind and I'm sure I'll be able to follow the instructions, I've read them over on each model and they don't seem too difficult.

You should do fine, the "kit" is virtually ready to fit you just need to alter some settings and names to suit.
Remember this is a professional system but it is a logical process to do what you need.
With two way reporting there will be proper notification of battery life coming to an end, but 2 years is about right for a PIR and 1 year for a contact. Slightly different to what they say in the "book" but this is from experience of this system.
Also you cannot set with a door open, you have to start with a closed door.
Another advantage over some cheaper systems.

Presume should use 2 core round flex cable to connect spurred fuse to the control panel? What size do I get? Do I just get 0.5mm as it's a 3 amp spurred fuse?

Presume should use 2 core round flex cable to connect spurred fuse to the control panel? What size do I get? Do I just get 0.5mm as it's a 3 amp spurred fuse?
That will do fine. You might find .75 more readily available, either will do.

Just to make me sound really stupid, but just want to double check but pretty sure. When connecting the 2 core flex to the internal AC/DC power supply unit, one connection has an 'N' next to it, the other nothing, so am I right to presume that the the 'N' stands for neutral?

From the FCU to the PSU is a two core cable. From the PSU is a two core cable, whay are you adding more?

Hi I am trying to install a visonic powermaster 30 g2 system

and I have the same question when connecting the 2 core flex from the home socket to the internal AC/DC power supply unit, one connection

has an 'N' next to it, the other nothing, so am I right to presume that the the 'N' stands for neutral?

Does it make any difference if I connect the live in 'N' to this power supply?

Sorry ignore that.... yes its a requirement to install a unswitched FCU.

Is there a special way to install PIR's?

ok did some research... in my case:

I need to link a 2.5mm grey (twin and earth) cable from my Twin wall power socket, then to a FCU with a 3A fused and from the FCU a 0.50mm flexi cable to the control panel.

always make sure that you have the same cable size matches what the power socket has already on it...

Also 0.75mm cable is 6A rated... so am not sure if or it will cause damage to the cable if you fuse the FCU with 3A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back