Visonic Powermax wired sensor inputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a rather technical question on the Visonic Powermax control panel.

I'm in the process of hooking up a bell box. The bell box produces a Tamper signal which goes through a 2k2 and into a wired input (eg zone 30).

Problem is that even with all the tamper switches closed the panel seems to think the tamper signal is open.

I've been comparing the voltage on the zone 30 input with that on the unused zone 29 input. It looks like the bell box only pulls the Tamper signal down to around 0.6V so I'm getting about 2.8V at the zone 30 input compared to 2.5V (ish) on the unused zone 29 input (just has a 2k2 resistor direct to 0V).

So it looks like 2.5V = "ok" but 2.8V = "Open" ???

Obviously I could experiment with reducing the value of the 2k2 resistor to pull the signal down a bit but does anyone happen to know how the inputs work in more detail than in the manuals? They seem to float to around 5V so it might be they just have a 2k2 pull up resistor to 5V on the PCB or is it more complicated?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back