Vitodens 333 problem filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a gas fired 333 F and I emptied the sytem to remove/flush all the radiators. I re-filled the water tank using the coding 02F:2. The pressure gauge did increase a bit but only to 1 bar. After firing up the system, it eventually increased to 2 bar. After a couple of weeks suddenly went down to 1 bar again. Tried venting, refilling until vent on back spurting water out. Cant get above 1 bar pressure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
not sure what the problem is...1 bar is fine as an operating pressure...

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it is discharging from the pressure relief [safety] valve pipe at 1 bar? If so, the prv is faulty or has debris on the seat - this has probably been caused by the work you have [had] done, in that a bit has been dislodged from elsewhere in the system and has ended up in the boiler. You need to check the prv. Then follow the refilling and venting instructions carefully and to the letter. It would be good to check the pre-charge pressure on the heating expansion vessel while the system pressure is at zero. If you find water at the Schrader valve, the vessel needs replacing.

When i try to fill the heating system, then the pressure gauge doesnt increase. It stays at 1 bar, or just below. I can continue adding water until a release valve on the back starts to emit water.

Add another pressure gauge somehow.

I think the communication pipe to the gauge is blocked!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back