Vokera 20 80 RS Flowmatic Fan Runs For no reason

Sponsored Links
As suggested before, service important. While you will no doubt have fitted the appropriate part with reasonable care, most likely correctly too, understanding boiler operation is the key to get it running correctly.

This skill level is honed over time - some are good at it, other think they are good at it ;) many resort to "poke and hope" technique that might get the appliance working

Am sure the issue with your boiler is minor but does need someone with good working knowledge of this boiler. You location might help. Whoever comes to look at the boiler, ask if they could tell you how the boiler sequences. If they cannot, look for Another.

Flameport i do believe your correct, i`ll learn from it.
45yearsagasman, i didn`t touch the flow rate screw, but thanks anyway.
DP i understand what your saying, Even though i have done everything from the installation book, understanding the sequence of how things work is pobably the issue. i will eventually get someone to have a look at it. Thanks for your help everyone, i appreciate the advice very much.

vinnyboy

"Eventually" ?

You fitted a new fan yourself when not gas registered.

We think that places your boiler as At Risk !

Which means we feel that it should not even be used until it has been checked by an RGI.

Tony

Sponsored Links
45yearsagasman, i apologise, i said that i have installed a new diverter.
In fact i have installed a new 3 port diverter valve and not the diverter. Thanks.

vinnyboy

Hi.
Can anyone please tell if vokera do a similar - Water Governor/ Flow

Regulator - for the Vokera 20-80 RS FLOWMATIC, as the original is now

obsolete, i believe.Thanks.

Vinnyboy

Thanks for your response DP. The one in the boiler i believe is faulty, the

pin in the central heatin manifold will not go in when i run the hot water.

I have read in manuals the they some times get affected by detrstus and

the filter clogs up. I tried cleaning out, and when i put it back in the DHW

worked fine, but next day the ch manifold struggled to go in again. Could

it otherwise be a flow problem, as the DHW ignites when i push the

switch with my finger.

I'll be blatantly honest with you my friend, as I feel the others are letting you off lightly. STOP PLAYING WITH THE BOILER.
I understand the money issue, hell I fitted all my own cctv and alarm systems rather than pay out money, I've no idea when it comes to IT, but I've got some knowledge of wiring and engineering.
I have no idea what you do for a living, but as stated before you are messing around with the combustion chamber and could be poisoning yourself as you read this (albeit probably very slowly and in the cold)

It's a vokera, it's 20/80 flowmatic, it's time to bite the bullet before you kick the bucket.

Wongfeifox, I disagree with some of your post and agree also with other points you make.

Age or model of boiler does not mean it has to be ripped off the wall and tossed in the landfill. Good boiler that responds well to a bit of TLC. If the boiler is falling apart and needs constant attention, then makes sense to replace it. Have replaced a four year old and some considerably older ones as constant repairs warranted replacement.

Yet have seen people replace appliances because they have been throwing parts at it without knowing what is wrong. This seems to be the case with Vinneyboy, who would be well advised to seek professional assistance to get this boiler working instead of tinkering with it as there are adjustments and check some so called heating engineers would not be aware of..

Have many customers with Flowmatic, Have had to take some Flowmatics out as these were falling apart hence required replaced.

Wongfeifox, Thanks for your well meaning comment about messing with

the boiler. Let me just say, that i don`t mess about with anything that

may and could be dangerous, without having some knowledge of how it

works and folowing instructions to the letter,, in this case i read and

followed the instructions from vokera own installation manual, and i am

confident that i have fitted components ( 3 PORT DIVERTER VALVE,,

MAIN HEAT EXCHANGER, about 3 years ago.. PRESSURE GAUGE, DHW

THERM, FAN. In no way am i saying that following instruction from a

manual makes me a now it all, far from it, but i didnt do this with my eyes

closed, Apart from the DHW- not working when you run the tap, but will

work when CH is on - The boiler is working better than it has done for a

years. Mind you it`s been about 7 years since i last had it serviced, and if

remember rightly, that only lasted between 20 or 30 minutes. Like i said, i

will get it serviced as soon as i can. Thanks to everybody for their

comments, ive been given a mild rollicking with all comments, well

meaning, so hopefully i won`t be coming on here again, i say that with

respect of course. Take care everybody and hope you all have nice xmas.

Regards
Vinnyboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back