vokera boiler slow pressure rise

tej

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a vokera boiler. I took radiators off in parts of the house.

BUt when i came to repressurise the boiler i could hear the water but the needle wasnt moving.

Kept checking it every 10 mins and the pressure needle was slowly rising. It went to 2.2 psi as i was not aware how high it would go as the needle was not reacting.

I had to take water out of the system. Went back 20 mins later and the level had dropped a bit.

Any ideas?

Tej

Sponsored Links
Possibly a small speck of crud partially blocking the pressure gauge capilliary tube.

cheers for the reply.

Is this easy to do? is it something i could do myself?

do i need to drain the system?

please could you provide more info

cheers

You dont really need to do anything but be aware there is probably quite a lot of dirt in your system and one day it might be a good idea to try to clean it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
so how do i get rid of the curd? what do i need to remove to get the dirt out?

sorry beginner at this.

Also when we were draining the radiators lots of black stuff came out of it.

whats the best way to clean the system?

cheers

tej

What's the best way to clean the system?

"Best way" Pay a heating engineer to come and give it a clean. :LOL:

So how do I get rid of the crud? What do I need to remove to get the dirt out?

Insert some sludge remover into the system like Sentinal X400 . Leave it for a couple of weeks running the system as normal then flush out.

PS. On a closed system like yours, invest the £3 in a filling kit like this one Worth every penny, otherwise it is a real b*****d getting the chemical in.

MarkBarl, is this an alternative to Powerflushing, and is it something anyone can do, because my Vokera Linea based system has the same fault.
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back