Vokera Compact 25 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondered if you guys could offer me some advice.

My Vokers boiler wasn't working so I called an engineer. He diagnosed the fault as a faulty PCB, he says there are two that are needed. From what he told me there is no spark at the electrode as the main board isn't supplying 230 volts where it should.

My question is why are two boards needed, surely only one will develop a fault at any one time. The parts alone are over £200, I'm not clued up on what he was going on about, but would appreciate your expert opinions on whether the main and ignition board are usually required, or one or the other?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Just wondered if you guys could offer me some advice.

My Vokers boiler wasn't working so I called an engineer. He diagnosed the fault as a faulty PCB, he says there are two that are needed. From what he told me there is no spark at the electrode as the main board isn't supplying 230 volts where it should.

My question is why are two boards needed, surely only one will develop a fault at any one time. The parts alone are over £200, I'm not clued up on what he was going on about, but would appreciate your expert opinions on whether the main and ignition board are usually required, or one or the other?

Mark
sounds like he's going with the old 'just replace everything' approach. Don't sound right to me.

Wait for one of the gas engineers to reply @dean7445 is pretty good at diagnostics

Look at that Dean!

But are you back on your feet yet after your unfortunate accident?

And the OP fails to put his location so might be a long walk too!

It is usually one or there is a later model where the two boards were combined. Sounds like the ignition board but a fixed price repair from Vokera at £230 - ish would cover £480 pounds worth of parts (full retail) including labour. Always use two board configuation.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys I'm in Leeds, sounds like I'll have to wait and see, he's due back later this afternoon. I wonder if I've got the boiler with two boards!

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back