Vokera compact 28 combi inconsistent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera compact 28 about 7 years old. I cannot get consistent hot water in the shower or from the taps. Its about 10 seconds hot then 10 seconds of cold water and so on and so forth coming from my hot taps and shower.

I have been doing some internet research and have a thought that the heat exchanger needs de-scaled?

Can anyone offer some advice and is this something I could do? The boiler manual advises that the heat exchanger does not need removed but the appliance must be disconcted from the hot and cold service pipes.

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Before doing anything as drastic as that I would be checking the gas settings!

But then I am an RGI so its within my scope!

Tony

Before doing anything as drastic as that I would be checking the gas settings!

But then I am an RGI so its within my scope!

Tony

Sean, which compact is it? What is water quality like?

Your boiler model will have a GC number. That will identify the model. There are various compact models. The symptoms you describe may not be valid to all compact models

Sponsored Links
Hi agile. Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I am not a gas engineer and I assume I would need to call a gas/heating engineer out to see the gas settings?

DP, also manybthanks for your comment. The GC number: 470 94 35. I have not tested the water but if it helps the water quality seems good and I live in Glasgow if that helps?

It may help you more still because DP covers Glasgow for repairs and even likes Vokera boilers too!

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back