Vokera Compact 28, Red Light on, locking out & not firin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The red light came on, on our Vokera boiler yesterday. When i try to reset it as it says in the manual, nothing is happening. Just before it ignites it locks out again & won't fire up. We have no hot water or central heating at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be or has anyone else had a similar problem with their Vokera & how it was fixed? We just don't want to call anyone from the Yellow pages who wants to make a lot of money from a very minor repair! Especially when we don't have a clue about boilers ourselves.

Sponsored Links
I've been told it may be one of two things. A PCB or a Gas valve that's gone. Obviously I wont be touching the gas side of things but is there a way of testing to try and rule one or both of these out.

Thanks

We just don't want to call anyone from the Yellow pages who wants to make a lot of money from a very minor repair! Especially when we don't have a clue about boilers ourselves.

How can somebody who states that they have no clue about boiers then state that their problem will be a very minor repair? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have one of these boilers in my house and this lock out happens regularly. I have found that if you cut main power to it for 10 minutes and then turn it on again it resets and works ok until the next lockout.

Turn off at the fused spur and leave for 30 minutes.

It turned out to be the air pressure switch that was failing, so who ever gave you the advice that it is pcb or gas valve could be after making money out of you.

Get a second opinion. ;)

We just don't want to call anyone from the Yellow pages who wants to make a lot of money from a very minor repair! Especially when we don't have a clue about boilers ourselves.

How can somebody who states that they have no clue about boiers then state that their problem will be a very minor repair? :LOL:

What I meant by that was if it's something like a thermistor that needs replacing and we are going to be charged a fortune for a call out and then the part etc then I would change it myself. I'm sure you've seen the BBC house of horrors where you get cowboys in charging a fortune for hours and hours of labour for a basic repair. We just dont want to get stung for a huge bill for something that may be a simple repair.

I have one of these boilers in my house and this lock out happens regularly. I have found that if you cut main power to it for 10 minutes and then turn it on again it resets and works ok until the next lockout.

Turn off at the fused spur and leave for 30 minutes.

It turned out to be the air pressure switch that was failing, so who ever gave you the advice that it is pcb or gas valve could be after making money out of you.

Get a second opinion. ;)

Thanks for that i'll try it now.

Well tried that and still nothing, it still wont light.

I have spoken to an engineer who is coming out tommorrow adn he also thinks it could either the PCB, ignition board (which goes onto the PCB) or the gas valve.

Just to finsish off this post, it was the ignition board, as soon as it was replaced it fired up like a good un!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back