Vokera Compact 29 Yellow light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Replaced a HW thermistor on a Vokera Compact 29 today due to failure. Problem solved there.

Noticed when I was finished that the Amber light is lit continuously (solid amber, not blinking). This is irrespective of wether the boiler is currently in use (demand) or standby (no demand). The customer says the amber light has been like that "for ages".

The boiler is working perfect however. Gas pressures, analysis, temps, correct polarity, etc etc and full perfect operation on both hw and ch, though this amber light is lit continuously.

The book has no mention of a solid amber light, at least if it does I have missed it.

Any ideas ? As I said all is working perfectly, but for my own curiosity I'd like to find out.

Cheers.
:)

Sponsored Links
solid yellow on a compact 29HE indicates a DHW thermistor fault but as you say you had just changed this so it should have reset

Meant to post an update to this ages ago and forgot !

Called vokera the following day who advised that a solid amber light with no operational faults was Hot Water Preheat activated. Can be turned off if reqd.

I have a Vokera Compact 29 and a week ago the yellow light turned on to me as well.

Phoned Vokera and they told me that was the preheat function automatically activated but they didn't manage to tell me how to turn it off.

Anyone knows how to turn it off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a Vokera Compact 29 and a week ago the yellow light turned on to me as well.

Phoned Vokera and they told me that was the preheat function automatically activated but they didn't manage to tell me how to turn it off.

Anyone knows how to turn it off?

Thanks

Yes if it's a Compact 29A. Two gret knobs on front panel. Turn DHW control all the way to max, force past the stop then back again to the setting you want.

Thank you. I have a Compact 29 and not 29A but it's almost the same procedure, the only different is that I can not force past the stop... I had to remove the actual control of the DHW and remove a little stopper inside.

Anyway the preheat function is off now, thank you very much for your help!

Thank you. I have a Compact 29 and not 29A but it's almost the same procedure, the only different is that I can not force past the stop... I had to remove the actual control of the DHW and remove a little stopper inside.

Anyway the preheat function is off now, thank you very much for your help!

Just for your information you have a Compact A 1st generation. These had the pre-heat disabled by the spacer being inserted, the lastest have it enabled as sold. What usually happens is someone has turned the hot water control quite forcebly and either the spacer pops out or the knob travels just far enough to enable it. We didn't (I work for Vokera) want to enable too many extras on the boiler which was sold as an entry level model.

Well done for initiative, if you leave the spacer out you can choose to re-enable pre-heat or cancel it whenever you like. As you know, amber light ON if pre-heat enabled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back