Vokera Compact 29HE behaving oddly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 year and 3 month old (Just outside of warranty) 29HE will fire for about 1.5 mins and then shuts down. It doesen't lock out with red led showing but shows the green flashing every 0.5 secs. Does not matter if on DHW only or combined. Each system behaves exactly the same. Have gone through the fault chart but you get to a point where it asks if you have 24V across CN8.4 and CN8.7 on PCB with two directions both giving NO. I have these voltages so where do I go next. I have noticed though that on measuring the fan voltage it does all sorts of funny things and would expect it to remain constant.

What's very odd though is that if you switch off at the mains for 2 hours you can repeat the failure mode exactly. This to mee suggests a temp related issue but it's totally got me flumoxed.

A quite experienced boiler engineer has looked at it and draws the same conclusion. He reckons it's the PCB but is only 75% certain and at £260 a board which cannot be returned it's a bit of a high risk strategy.

What peeves me most though is that any failure on a boiler at this age is not acceptable especially as it only serves two adults in a small terraced cottage so can hardly be classed as overworked or over stressed.

Is this or is there anything a common issue as I will be taking this up with Vokera in Italy.

Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Shop around for the best fixed price repair you can find. Pretty sure the 29HE is a different beast altogether from previous compacts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back