replace over heat stat
checked gas perishers
Cleaned out secondary heat exchanger
represhrised expansion tank
The water preshure is high
checked the fan
checked the pump

The only way to keep it running hot is to restrick the flow so it is very slow
could this be the heat exchanger , but i did clean it with caustic soda but did not get much out .

is there any thing else to clean it with
I have checked other threads but can not work this out
wolud be grate if some one can help

Sponsored Links
I had a Vokera which did this and I found it to be the DHW thermistor. It wasn't sending a true reading to the PCB and the water would constantly heat up and up until the safety thermistor cut in and killed the heating. The water would cool again and then the boiler would fire up etc and do this over and over.

A new thermistor is about 10 quid and is an easy fit, make sure you get the correct one though as the threads can differ and you dont want to strip it. You can test them by using a multimeter set on resistance. If it gives a reading put it into hot water (the end without the connections) and see if the resistance changes. If the resistance doesn't change or the reading is infinity then its knackered.

Hope it helps.

Could be the dv, does the ch flow get hot when heating off and hot taps run?

There is a kit to replace/service this.

Sponsored Links
I had a Vokera which did this and I found it to be the DHW thermistor. It wasn't sending a true reading to the PCB and the water would constantly heat up and up until the safety thermistor cut in and killed the heating. The water would cool again and then the boiler would fire up etc and do this over and over.

A new thermistor is about 10 quid and is an easy fit, make sure you get the correct one though as the threads can differ and you dont want to strip it. You can test them by using a multimeter set on resistance. If it gives a reading put it into hot water (the end without the connections) and see if the resistance changes. If the resistance doesn't change or the reading is infinity then its knackered.

Hope it helps.

I have changed both thermistors still the same

easier still..turn off the hot tap just as the boiler cuts off, observe the temperature readout on the boiler. It will change to roughly 90 deg.

If it does, change the heat ex.

easier still..turn off the hot tap just as the boiler cuts off, observe the temperature readout on the boiler. It will change to roughly 90 deg.

If it does, change the heat ex.

Use the little black filling loop lever on the right to do this....when it cuts off turn anti clockwise to the horizontal position, cutting off supply to taps...then you will see display change from DHW temp to boiler temp.

when I shut the tap off when the boiler went off it displayed 96

Is this the heat ex, if so I take it that it is the dhw heat ex not the main one

I have never replaced one due to blockage!

I usually fill with FX 2 and leave to ferment, then blast with a power washer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back