Vokera Linea 28 - Error Code 01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 28 Combi (about 4 Years old) and have been getting the 01 - Failure to ignite error code at various times both with hot water only setting and hot water and heating setting.

Has been occurring for several months perhaps once or twice a week but is now becoming more frequent, up to 5-6 times a day. When reset it works again either for a couple of minutes or sometimes for the rest of the day. Also happens during the night when water & heating has not been used.

Vokera engineer was out a couple of months ago, spent 5 minutes and claimed he could see nothing wrong but replaced the PCB anyway. Also suggested the Gas Supply Meter Governor was faulty. I've since had this replaced by Transco.

Before I get another engineer out can anyone suggest what could be wrong and potential costs to repair.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Well it could be a sticking gas valve, but without it doing it in front of you, it's a guess.

Now, I wonder why he replaced the PCB ???

I hope you did not have to pay for that part when it was not the problem!

A competent gas boiler engineer would check the gas valve min/max settings, inspect and test the flame detection electrode and then if the problem continues would suspect the gas valve is sticking.

Sticking is more common first thing in the morning after the boiler has been off all night.

Resetting several times often gets it to light and then it usually keeps going for the time being.

Tony Glazier

One should be able to assume a Vokera engineer would check those other things! And others too like the HT lead..

Sponsored Links
I would never assume ANYTHING when a boiler engineer is involved!

Many of the manufacturer's employed staff are young and inexperienced or older and second rate! The mere fact that he could not fix it demonstrates that in this case!

Today I received a warrantee job on a newly fitted non condensing boiler!

Tony

Agile said:
Many of the manufacturer's employed staff are young and inexperienced or older and second rate!

for example, ravenheat engineer came out to a defective boiler of ours under warranty spoke to my boss during the day to arrange entry to the property etc, ended up ringing him on the job asking how to drain a heating system, heard my boss explaining about the big tank little tank in the loft.

i dont slate people for being inexperienced as iam too, but i thought this took the p***.

My comment was very specifically aimed at the EMPLOYED engineers.

I am a little surprised at that because generally Ravenheat use self employed Service Agents who are usually quite good.

Also I have to say that I have never heard of any complaint about a Vaillant service engineer. They are a mix of employed and Agents. Presumably because they have such a good training facilities their staff are better then average.

Many of the worst do not allow their engineers to display their outgoing telephone numbers.

I rarely answer unidentified numbers!

Tony

I'm planning to call out an independent engineer to look at the boiler this time as the Vokera engineer was not interested in fully investigating the problem. Only plus point was that I never ever received the invoice for payment !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back