Vokera Maxin 24e Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bloomin Vokera

Im at a loss to this one and can't get is sorted. My boiler rests over night and central heating is fine. Turn the hot water on and the boiler fires up, water gets hot. Great, so you think. Problem is that, if i need to draw hot water off again within minutes, i have to wait till the temp gauge shows 20 degrees on it before the boilers lights up again waiting for the ignition to start. Wasting bowls full of water before it decides to fire up again. If i run the hot tap for a few seconds then shut it off and wait 10 minutes the water cools down and the boiler fires up straight away after turning hot tap on. If i dont carry out this step the boiler takes ages to light up again. Gradually getting worse and more annoying by the day. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Measure the resistance of the sensor with the boiler completely cold.

Tony

I have checked the sensor in this case is on the diverter valve and the system was cold. The reading shows 12 k and the sensor on this boiler is combined with DHW and CH by a 3 port valve. Had the system flushed a few months ago, together with a full service kit fitted for the diverter valve.

Sponsored Links
Get an RGI to test the Air Pressure Switch. The boiler won't fire until the APS has gone back to its rest position.

If its still got the big round metal APS its very likely to be that.

Remember, get a RGI to do it as it involves entering the combustion chamber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back