Vokera Maxin 24e problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new ignition box fitted last year because it kept locking out and it's been OK since, until I began using the central heating this year. Now it just stops heating the water but doesn't lock out, and the pump keeps running. If I switch it off, it will start up again most times, though sometimes I need to wait 30 seconds or so. It has gradually got worse over the last two weeks, but will occasionally run for a couple of hours, though it's usually only 20 minutes or so. I thought it might be the ignition box again, but this evening it went off while I was in the shower. I assume the ignition box doesn't come into play while the shower is drawing water. Anyone know what the problem is so I can tell the plumber? I don't want him changing parts until it works and charging for all the parts that didn't need changing.

Sponsored Links
Vokera Maxin's are an easy to work on straightforward boiler cant imagine it will be hard to sort out !

You needing a heating engineer not a part changer.

I am sure there is a good flow chart in the manual. Your man should be competent enough to read it and be guided to faulty part. Part changing based on suspicion indicates lack of skill

Therein lies the problem, how do you find someone who knows what they are doing and are willing to diagnose rather than change parts? They all say plumbing and heating engineer on their card/van/advert. Going on recommendation doesn't always work, as I have already paid to find out.

Thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
While this is NOT the acid test, look for smaller Gas Safe number. Bear in mind, a wiz kid might have a large number but could know all about boilers.

Look at these pages, plenty competent guys here, some also like the Vokeras

I asked in here last time I had a problem but got no offers to come and look at the boiler, even though I gave my post code, which is WF6, just in case anyone is interested. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back