Vokera Mynute HE Dual Channel Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, as I suppose most people do I am joining the forums because I have an issue I hope someone can shed light on. :D

The boiler I have is about 4 years old, works fine (Apart from this issue) and is efficient, Ch1 is central heating, Ch2 is hot water (Tanked).

If I try to start just Ch1, the pump starts, ignition is attempted and fails with the boiler eventually locking out. I can start Ch2 with no problems, now here is the thing:-

If I start Ch2, then set Ch1 to ON, I can then turn off Ch2 and the boiler will happily run the central heating, cycling once set temperature is reached quite happily.

I am thinking this has to be a control board fault in some way (I have BG Homecare) but they seem to duck when I mention this problem. Am I on the right track? and if so then I suspect it's a costly repair which is why they are dodging and will press them to fix it properly.

As I said I can work around this fault but would rather not have to with Winter on the way.

Any suggestions are welcome, thank you.

Sponsored Links
If I try to start just Ch1, the pump starts, ignition is attempted and fails with the boiler eventually locking out

When you make a demand, does the boiler fire right away or is there a delay of some 20 seconds? When boiler locks out, what fault code is displayed?

You need to give you service provider relevant information.

There is no fault code, the boiler will just revert to a standby condition, when making the demand the boiler tries to start immediately. The pump can be heard, the click as the igniter kicks in, then instead of ignition there is a whoosh and it settles for a few seconds before the igniter attempts to fire again. This cycle repeats, the whoosh it makes is the same as what it does when running normally as it cycles from flame on to off.

I have mynute with 2 channel system identical to yours.
The boiler has a simple live that switches it on to fire.
I can only think it is badly wired somehow. I don't think
there is anything wrong with the boiler if it will fire on one of
the channels.

Sounds as if the live and neutrals is crossed on one channel.

Have you an external timer or is it the built in one?

Sponsored Links
The boiler just has the built in timer, the really REALLY awkward one that will only advance by the minute to set the on/off periods. Took me about one and a half hours to step through the week and set it up then a week later we had a power cut - I screamed;) so now I just leave it on default timings.

I'll look into the live and neutral wirings per channel thank you for the suggestion, are we talking on the control board or the patch panel which is in the loft near the motorised valve?

I'm aware the boiler is fine, it works very well apart from this silly channel thing, and at times it has stopped running after getting it going using the hot water channel first which is why Ireally want to get it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back