Vokera Option boiler, red flashing light, no heating!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anybody help??, there is a red flashing light on my vokera option boiler and no heating or hot water. For a while now the system has shown a yellow light, and I have been topping up the water a couple of times a day, and the yellow light goes out. But today everything has stopped working and there is a red flashing light, any advice appreciated as I\\\'m feeling the frost!!! :(

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it has overheated. Not too familiar with your boiler so try turning off and on again to reset or turn selector switch to off and on again.

Hi
thanks for the reply! I've tried turning the selector switch to off and on again, but no joy, is there any thing else I could try?? Also if it has overheated is it fixable? when the red light was flashing I opened up the valve to top up the water, as I did when it was flashing yellow, will that have done any harm?
It does make a noise as if it kicks in when I turn it on but there is :( no heating or hot water......

Sponsored Links
I have got the user instructions, it says red LED flashing is Lockout fault??? and to reset, which is turning the mode selector switch to off and the back on after a few seconds, which I tried and nothing.... its not looking good is it?!!

Not very many of these combis about. Only ever come across one before. Obviously didn`t sell well. So you`ve nothing at all? Does the pump start? Fan turn? What happens noise wise when you turn the hot tap on?

when I turn the hot water on, nothing happens, but when I turn the dial for the heating to come on it makes that start up noise as if its o.k, a kind of whiring noise, I'm sorry i'm not sure if thats the fan or pump, but no heating comes on or hot water

What`s the reading on the pressure guage, you say you kept topping it up every couple of days.

I can't see the pressure guage, I think it may be behind the cover, which I can't work out how to take off!

It certainly won`t be behind the cover. Look at your user manual and it will tell you. How did you know how much pressure you were putting in before?

Actually it is a really dumb design with something stupid like lights to tell you the pressures. Consequently folk tend to get the pressures all wrong leading to loads of related problems. Vokera really cocked up with this boiler.

Now I vaguely remember that there is an actual pressure guage inside the boiler somewhere to the left if I recall right. So the only trustworthy way to repressurise it is to remove the cover.

If I owned one I would fit myself an external pressure guage.

I waited until the yellow light went out.
This is what the installation & servicing instructions say" By design, it incorporates full sequence electronic ignition , circulating pump, expansion vessel, safety valve, pressure gauge and mechanical timeclock. The appliance is produced as a room sealed boiler, suitable for wall applications only.
I've looked at the diagram, and it does look like the pressure guage is behind the cover, I've tried to copy and paste diagram off vokera website http://www.vokera.co.uk, discontinued products, but I'm not having much luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back