VOTE UKIP

The main thing that pi**es me off, is the SNP have a greater say in the running of the UK than all the people in the north west of England.
Population Scotland approx 5 million , population North West England 7.5 million.
With proportional representation every vote counts, unlike those of us who live in Tory/Labour strongholds were a vote for the underdog it is the equivalent of pi**ing in the wind.
Now if Farage had pushed for that I am sure he would have attracted a lot more votes

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
UKIP was not on the Radar up her at all, at al, Nowhere apart from national TV "Sound bites" direct from Mr F.

No Radio coverage, no TV coverage, precious little in the Scottish Papers, in effect zilch No party machine, nothing apart from a few disparate individuals, plus a totally discredited "Leader" up here, who is the Scottish "leader" by way of consolation prize having been in the right places at the correct time in the European Elections and won his place under the PR System

The UKIP Manifesto was "launched up here one Week prior to the Election? what sort of advanced planning fouled that one up?

It was considered by a lot of Scots that I talked to that UKIP was a one man English band?

Sorry UKIP you are simply not happening up here as are Labour and Conservatives and Lib Dems Et ALL

Now Nige is having what do we call it? a Sabbatical, what will fill the inevitable void? is there a well known figure who UKIP can now rally around?

The main thing that pi**es me off, is the SNP have a greater say in the running of the UK than all the people in the north west of England.
Population Scotland approx 5 million , population North West England 7.5 million.
With proportional representation every vote counts, unlike those of us who live in Tory/Labour strongholds were a vote for the underdog it is the equivalent of pi**ing in the wind.
Now if Farage had pushed for that I am sure he would have attracted a lot more votes

as the cons have a majority the snp have zero influence in normal affairs
in fact labour have 3 or 4 times the influence but still zero on a general basis as the cons have a majority :D

Sponsored Links
I apologise for having different views than you.

I thought it was allowed. I now know better.

You can have different views, just don't expect me to respect them if they are idiotic, demonstrate your ignorance of how the system works and you are unable to stand up in debate to defend them.

I take heart in that out of my list of twelve (for starters) you have only picked five to offer stupid retorts:

There are no tax havens, let alone British ones.
You know MP's are MP's for the UK and not the world, right?
Obviously, so get rid of the British ones.

The wealthy stop getting hugely wealthier.
The gap between rich and poor starts reducing.
Privilege is abolished.
'Waves magic wand'
If that is supposed to mean it is impossible then, surely, that upholds my point that the system maintains the status quo.

The second House is democratically chosen.
Idiot.
The whole point of a second house not being elected, is that it can make decisions without being influenced by popularity, some reform may be needed, but it is fine for these people to be chosen by elected representatives, and not elected for directly.
That cannot be the whole point, to the exclusion of an alternative, as it is not the system elsewhere.

Basically you don't understand the system, don't like the results and expect it to be able to 'wave magic wand' problems away.
That is the whole point - the result makes little difference.

Childish claptrap.
As opposed to your, what? Adult claptrap?

Sorry. If you vote for Nigel - then you get Ed.

UKIP will be lucky to get two seats (and Nigel's won't be one of them).

They'll get 10% of the vote - but may not even pick up one new seat.

Lib Dems will get 30 seats with 8% of the vote.

I voted for Nigel, but didn't get Ed! They did get 12% of the votes, however, and only one seat, but we all know why.

And the LimpDems didn't do quite as well as you predicted either!

It was considered by a lot of Scots that I talked to that UKIP was a one man English band?

His 'one man band' party got more votes than the entire voting population of Scotland!

JBR Posted "

"His 'one man band' party got more votes than the entire voting population of Scotland!"

Last time I looked there were several more voters living in England than in Scotland? possibly a couple of million or who knows even more?

Trouble was that all these votes were well spread out over hundreds of Constituencies, just a couple or so more Constituencies that in ALL of Scotland

Can you remind me how many constituencies there are in England, the SNP got all but three up here, or so I heard?

Ken.

JBR Posted "

"His 'one man band' party got more votes than the entire voting population of Scotland!"

Last time I looked there were several more voters living in England than in Scotland? possibly a couple of million or who knows even more?

Trouble was that all these votes were well spread out over hundreds of Constituencies, just a couple or so more Constituencies that in ALL of Scotland

Can you remind me how many constituencies there are in England, the SNP got all but three up here, or so I heard?

Ken.

My point was that UKIP obtained many more votes than did the SNP, yet gained only one seat compared to their 56. :eek:

That's because people like you voted against AV.

Sponsored Links
Back