Vredestein Tyres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any opinions on Vredestein Tyres. I have been looking for tyres 245/45/18 for Jaguar XF. The original tyres were Pirelli P Zero only lasted 12,000 miles. A Tyre Supplier recommended Vredestein but of course the supplier may have a hidden agenda.
Never heard of them myself, so any advice anyone?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for my ignorance here ch427. What is 12000? The guy who recommended them suggested Ultrac Sessanta.
When I go to the Vredestein web site I can find no mention of a 12000.
Have you any personal experience of Vredestein tyres?.
Jaguar always seem to fit Pirelli for reasons best known to themselves.
I like the look of Vredestein but that is just an unqualified comment. Are they durable and more importantly Safe and reliable ?

Vredestein have been around for ages, and were actually factory fitted to some Mercs and Beemers a while ago.
They aren't a budget tyre so buy with confidence, but as for the wear syndrome I'd agree with ch and say that 12k is ok.
Continental are also a good lasting tyre, but I don't know if that size is available.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the misunderstanding ch. I was getting around 30,000 miles out of a set of tyres on my S-Type, maybe I was being a bit optimistic.
Thanks for the very useful link.
Maybe my next car should be a Ka :) !!!!!!!

What tyres were on the S-Type? Different compounds will last different mileages.

What tyres were on the S-Type? Different compounds will last different mileages.

Pirelli P6000 on the S-Type - Pirelli P Zero on the XF. Burnerman recommended Continemtal for durability, Any thoughts on that suggestion?

Looking at the link ch provided, Michelin are the better tyre but Vredestein a Pretty good second !

Pirelli P6000 on the S-Type - Pirelli P Zero on the XF. Burnerman recommended Continemtal for durability, Any thoughts on that suggestion?

Looking at the link ch provided, Michelin are the better tyre but Vredestein a Pretty good second !

I've had many Continentals on vans and they are good tyres. Never had any Michelins, they always seem too pricey.

Just to muddy the waters, I'm currently using Falken FK427 ( and Falken Eurowinter in winter) on one car and Toyo T1-S on the other and like them both. Both cars get driven pretty hard. The Falkens don't give you much warning when they are about to let go though.

I have just replaced my old continental Sport 2 after 29000 miles. Needless to say I went for the same again 225/50 R17, tried many of the others over the years but these seem to be pretty good, but not cheap at £650 for four.

Sponsored Links
Back