VW Diesel Emissions fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone experienced the modification to a 1.6 TDI diesel engine yet?

Did VW write to say the fix was released?

Has it affected the fuel consumption any? Improved/worsened/stayed the same?

How long did it take?

Sponsored Links
Probably doesn't help much, but I had my emissions update last week on my Skoda Octavia VRS

I haven't really noticed anything in difference of performance or mpg etc but I weirdly had al e battery issues afterwards. It was playing up a bit before hand but nothing major, however afterwards they couldn't get the car started and then I couldn't again later in he day and I've since replaced the battery with no more dramas!

It was meant to take 45 minutes to do and he car was meant to be with the dealer for an hour and they'd do a safety check and valet.......my car was there nearly 2 and a half hours with no valet and alleged a load of 'upcoming work' needed found on inspection!

When I took my BMW in for the airbag recall they "very kindly" gave it an inspection and valet. They recommended replacement of the rear discs and pads, and quoted £350-£400 for the privilege! Did the job myself for under £50 (plus an hour and a half of my time). I am sure the manufacturers and dealers view recalls as potentially "nice little earners" so perhaps extra vigilance and circumspection may be required!

Sponsored Links
Back