Wall/floor 'coving'/junction?

Discussion in 'Building' started by willfaulds, 1 Mar 2010.

1. willfaulds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello,

Firstly what a fantastic forum. Thanks you've helped me out more than once already.

I'm looking for some advice on the method and materials to create a hygienic wall/floor junction; between a concrete floor and a cement rendered wall.

At the moment the junction is a standard 90 degree joint but I'd like to to make it an easy to clean concave joint.

My question is how should I prepare the area, what should I render? the joint with and tips to do so.

The bottom foot of the wall, joint, and floor will be treating with an epoxy seal.

2. gday2uk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You generally dress a floor covering up the wall to form a skirting. I would think anything made from mortar would just break up. How about a sealing in a bead of upvc quadrant or similar? Is that what you mean??

3. willfaulds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The upvc is a good idea but not ideal; the room is a wet room (old milking parlor) and I think it would be hell to try and get the quadrant to run with the changes in level. Also I would much prefer a concave solution to convex - am I not thinking right or would quadrant only allow a convex solution?

4. noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Quarry skirting tiles?
    [​IMG]