wall heater not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all - i've got a gas wall heater (flues into a chimney) which doesn't seem to be firing at it's maximum.

When u turn it onto full power all 4 of the white 'burners' should light up. My heater seems to be ok when you turn it upto half power, 2 of the burners light up ok- but when i turn it up any higher the flame only increases slightly & I don't feel any increase in heat either.

Also sometimes the ignition doesn't seem to work in the morning, but i can always eventually get it to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Didn't get it serviced, but I had a corgi check it 6 mths ago. He was checking all the gas appliances for safety.

How can i clean the jets +/or service it myself? I've got a good range of tools + usually do most basic plumbing jobs....

Sponsored Links
not as far as i know - i'm an lfc supporter so istanbul is special to me ok

peca27 said:
Didn't get it serviced, but I had a corgi check it 6 mths ago. He was checking all the gas appliances for safety.

From your comments it sounds like your in a rented property.

............ok here goes - I'll try again...........

How can i clean the jets +/or service it myself? I've got a good range of tools + usually do most basic plumbing jobs myself

I've taken off the pots & vacumed + cleaned the area where the gas comes thru + it aint made any difference.....any other suggestions please?

Sorry, I don't know, and the risks of getting it wrong are rather worrying.

peca27 said:
hi all - i've got a gas wall heater (flues into a chimney) which doesn't seem to be firing at it's maximum.

When u turn it onto full power all 4 of the white 'burners' should light up. My heater seems to be ok when you turn it upto half power, 2 of the burners light up ok- but when i turn it up any higher the flame only increases slightly & I don't feel any increase in heat either.

Also sometimes the ignition doesn't seem to work in the morning, but i can always eventually get it to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

are these items not room sealed ?? if it is how can it be flued into a chimney or do you mean you have a fire not a wall heater

are there any open flued wall heater ?

make and model please

peca27 said:
............ok here goes - I'll try again...........

How can i clean the jets +/or service it myself? I've got a good range of tools + usually do most basic plumbing jobs myself

Ok here goes..

Get someone who knows what they are doing before you kill yourself. ;)

It is a gas fire flued into a chimney + not a wall heater - my apologies.

I've had to call in a corgi - will let you know what he says

Good decision.....many don`t heed the experts on here :confused:

Does it have a restrictor elbow on the gas supply to it, a chrome (normally) elbow with a screw in the top of it, if so the maintenance screw which is under the top cap sealing screw may have wound itself down and be restricting the gas supply to the fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back