Wall Mounted Plasma Channelling Wires Do I Need Trunking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided to put my television on the wall it is a new build that has dry lined walls. It is a fairly short run as I do not want it to high. I was just going to dig a channel out and hide the wires then fill it back in with filler. I might install a mains socket that is just ran from a plug on a cable block under my tv unit. I am just wondering is there any reason for putting this in trunking? I understand that the metal kind is good to prevent drilling into wires but I am well aware that they will be there. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Trunking will stop any problems with the filler reacting with the outer plastic sheathing on the cables.
Personally, Id use some sort of large(as possible), flexible, trunking - and leave both ends accessible so I could add or remove cables as time goes on.

u could put in some pvc copex u can get a 10m length for about a fiver, or the metal one for about 2quid per metre. from ur local electrical wholesaler.

i would put that or trunking so as already mentioned when hdmi is superseeded by something more superior you wont have to get your grandkids to chase out the wall again hehe.

Rob

Sponsored Links
maybe worth putting a large opening behind the set, for ease. you can always get 5m hdmi leads for approx £5. Dont bother with Monster leads etc, as they are way too expensive for what the average member of the public wants them to do!

whatever you decide to do, make sure you wrap some masking tape over the end of the cable that is running down through the wall. when you feed it through, you dont want bits of plasterboard etc clogging up the end of it and narking up your bluray player!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back