wall mounted plasma/lcd tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of the 1st fix for my new build but have a question:-

I intend to have a wall mounted plastma with hidden cables and a dvd player / games console in the corner of the room.

A power point and Aerial point are located on the wall but what provisions should i make for the scart cable?

Should i just stick a cable in place and plaster over it or is there a wall socket available that could be linked to the dvd etc?

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
You can get SCART wall plates with screwed or soldered terminals on the back - you just run a cable through the wall and connect either end to the wall plate.

That said there's an installation on the forums somewhere (and I can't rememeber who did it to give them credit) where standard scart leads where chased into the wall and just exited through a standard back box / modified blanking plate. I have to admit I've just copied this idea and it's a simple option.

Thanks

I have had a look at the wall plates/connectors. They look smart on the wall but i understand that the cable is soldered to the terminals on the back - is this tricky and would it cause any poor quality issues?

I like the idea of hiding a cable but not sure the best way to finish the hole through the wall?

Thanks

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back