wall paper on paint on skimmed wall disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In short

I had a plasterboard wall skimmed
then I gave it a mist coat of dulux , then another with with slightly less water
then a coat of black vinyl emulsion ( as the wall paper is black and i didn't want the chance of any white gaps
after I had papered the wall with £20 a roll graham and brown wall paper.I noticed the rolls didn't match colour even though the codes on them matched, so ive just got my money back from b&q and taken all the wall paper down to start again, now here is the strange part the wall paper was only put up yestery so it come of quite easily, the odd thing was that all the paint came off the plaster too, but it came off way to easily, it was like taking off butter

how has this happend? not enough water in the mist coat
20150914_074937.jpg
20150921_192201.jpg
20150921_155022.jpg
20150914_074937.jpg

Sponsored Links
probably not enough water in the mist coat - you can't have it too thin -and better to use a no vinyl trade matt paint

Sponsored Links
You have to thin it. At least 20 - 25%. Vinyl paint is what you need, but it MUST be thin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back