Wall socket spark when switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,

I have a number of double wall sockets which spark when switching the an appliance. for example if I switch off the electric heater which is drawing current at that moment, shows a sparks.

is it normal or the sockets needs tof be changed?

Sponsored Links
Less likely to happen with a good quality socket, what make are they and how old ?

Regards,

DS

Less likely to happen with a good quality socket, what make are they and how old ?

Regards,

DS

Thanks, I suspected that too.. it's the cheap ones.. I assume the owner who renovated before I bought the house used the cheap ones. there is no brand on them but they appear to be the £1.14 ones from screwfix.

Sponsored Links
Hager are also well made.

MK sockets are ok, switches not so ok.

My parents had MEM accessories before I changed them for MK and they properly sparked, switches and sockets so it's not always about quality

Hager are also well made.

MK sockets are ok, switches not so ok.

My parents had MEM accessories before I changed them for MK and they properly sparked, switches and sockets so it's not always about quality

where can you get Hager?

They're mostly limited to wholesalers I think.

You can get them off t'interwebs though. Just google 'Hager Solysta' that's their white plastic range

ch
They're mostly limited to wholesalers I think.

You can get them off t'interwebs though. Just google 'Hager Solysta' that's their white plastic range

cheers mate.. just got a box of 5 for a tenner from flebay..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back