Wallpaper help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.... I have just papered a wall using 'Rasch 453508' paper. Stupidly, I did not line the wall first, and I can see the two-tones of plaster beneath! My question....can I paper over the original paper? (with the same paper)? ...or do I need to strip, line and start again?
Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
I would not advise papering over the same paper as the layer beneath the top layer should be crosslined (which presumably it isn't).

Strip it off, cross line with good quality lining paper (I suggest Mav Erfurt Wallrock, which is really thick and will hide the plaster), then hang your top paper.

Thanks for the feedback....
I guess I knew that's what I would have to do really ! I was even contemplating painting over it !
I should have thought first...paper cost me £30 for the one roll
Lesson learnt !!

Are you sure it is totally dry? damp paper is semi-see-through. Don'r rip it all off until you are sure! ;)

Sponsored Links
You could paint over it (assuming not a vinyl finish) but you sound as though you want the wallpaper.

Did one roll cover a whole wall, or have you only done part of it so far? Be glad you didn't do the whole room before you noticed the problem!

It's only one small (more like 1/2) wall .... I've bought more paper. Am going to line it first this time though !! :O)

It's only one small (more like 1/2) wall .... I've bought more paper. Am going to line it first this time though !! :O)

give it a couple of coats of good trade matt white emulsion, then you may not need to line it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back