wallpare bubbles after painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i hung lining paper then painted over it, a few bubbles have appeared, is there a cure for this?

Sponsored Links
Wait until the paint dries..they should go back, then I would put an oil based undercaot over the areas that bubbled before you put the final coat on, that should stop the water in the paint soaking into the surface again and causing the bubbles

cheers, like you said, most bubbles went back in as paint dried

Sponsored Links
i have purchased a wallpaper few months ago and after mounting it on the wall the bubbles were so visible that I decided to take it off and try different manufacturer as I think the first one I bought was some kind of chinesee cheap paper and this is why the bubbles appeared. I found the website on the internet www.rainbowzoom.eu and ordered from them. The price was satisfactory, the quality and paper was really better than the first one. If you are looking for good quality wallpapers I would recommend to visit that site and check. Hope you will find something interresting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back