Wardrobe hinges for 45 degree door configuration.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Broken springs of concealed hinges (26mm insert boss) used for a 45 degree set corner door of self assembly wardrobe now means we need 2 off to replace them.
These hinges have a pre-set dog leg to accommodate the 45 degree set door so is not the usual off the shelf cupboard or wardrobe hinge you find in B&Q.
Suppliers found on the web only offer wholesale quantities of say 50 off.
Is there a solution to this problem by way of supplier etc?
I think I found the larger insert hinge for the job but the other half not happy at me drilling out new insert holes. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Harbourwood,

I'm away at present and will be for at least week, but I can try and get her to do photos, and think she has them on phone. Let me transmit details and see if she can pick up the thread or this site or if send pics to me instead. Many thanks for quick reply. Think DIYnot is just such a great idea :)

Can Harbourwoodwork please request photos directly to the following email because we do have photo but need to shorten this 3 part loop.

[email protected]

Many thanks. howsthat

Sponsored Links
TO JJ4091 and Harbourwoodwork.

Re your posts in turn:
1) The hinges needed will have a pre-set angle. Some bedroom furniture has corner cabinet/wardrobe with opening door set at 45 degrees to room and rest of cabinet, so starting position of hinge has to accommodate this angle. The hinges shown appear strainght but I accept wide 180 degree movement. They may do the job but doubt they are sprung. If they are sprung, the 45 degree closed position would mean they would be in constant tension when closed rather that only when opened.

2) We can hopefully succeed with getting photo on here, give me a week or so as Im away at present. My partner not keen to have a go herself. I mess up on phone where photos are concerned! Lost the last ones sent me but may try one more time! Having said that, she could send photos to Harbourwood who could then post on thread. Thanks for interest.

Please don't give me hard thing's to do on the computer I'm a techno impared carpenter, in my world you hit something with a claw hammer then it moves

If it moves, it must be hard. You did well getting this far. Lol.

I can see them but I can't see any difference between them & the link I gave you.

Thanks JJ4091
You will see a fixed dog leg on one photo. This sets hinge at say 45 degrees at start position. The photo you gave looks more like a straight hinge but one that can move 180 degree. Your hinge may be a final option. It would be mine too, but partner not so keen. They like things there way. Lol.

JJ4091
That site is looking good, especially as hinges can be bought in pairs. Just have to check that the right ones come in 26 mm boss.
Thanks for your regular advice and updates. Last post on this:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back