Wardrobe now too big for the space!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

After having soundproofing installed in my bedroom my double wardrobe, that had previously sat next to another double wardrobe, would no longer fit back in to its original space. As it's my preferred, (and my only), place for it, could one inch be lost/trimmed from the two wardrobes in order them it to fit again? They are a typical B&Q oak effect shaker style robes.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Cherub :D :D :D

anything is possible at a cost
possibly £100-150 to have it reduced
and iff you cant get edging you will gave an exposed edge
do you have a picture or link to it

Hi, and thanks for replying. My son suggested I buy a single carcass and use one of the doors on it, then buy an oak effect Ikea shelving unit that will fit in the remaining space. This totals about £150, too. However, I'd prefer the double w/robe back where it was, but I'm concerned the door edges will look a bit naff, and would the excess be taken from all 4 doors (on the handle edge) so as not to affect the hinges. Thanks again and I hope I manage to attach my (not very good) pic!

Cherub.

P.S. I've lost this message once trying to attach a pic so before loding it again I'll send the pic after :oops: [/img]

Sponsored Links
best to alter just one section and one door and more like 1.5-2" as any deviation in the walls need to be accounted for
£150 i would expect the person doing the job to redrill the holes for the hinges and edge band the cut edge and cover any part hole showing after trimming and redrilling
you could get it done for about £80 but it is unlikly to look like a perfect[at least 98% ]to the eye from 2ft away
i am also assuming there is a square edge all round the door ??

Are the wardrobes between walls? have you considered just removing the skirting to gain the extra space? Or sit them on the skirting if enough height?.

Hi there

Unfortunately the skirtings had already been removed, and thank you both for your responces.

Cherub..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back